About Me

My photo
Roxanne Storlie is a mixed media fiber artist, Roxanne has always been creative. Her skills come from having to be self sufficient as a military brat and wife. Talents cover everything from house painting, hanging wallpaper, sewing clothes, interiors, landscaping, electrical and more. Over the years, her seamstress skills have been put to great use. She has been making shawls, scarves, jewelry and clothing. She also sews pillows, bedding, curtains, general interior items the list goes on and on. In addition to retail, Roxanne offers classes in Sewing, hand painted fabric, duct tape dress forms, fitting, draping with new classes being created often.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Start of this Blog

     To celebrate starting this blog I am going to do a trip report of my drive from Fort Collins, Colorado to Paso Robles, California. I plan on taking pictures along the way to share. I start this 1200 mile (one way) journey in the morning. June 15th, 2010. So I hope you enjoy meandering with me across the states.


      Well, my trip started out much like any other trip, fraught with mishaps before I even pulled out of my driveway. Could not find this, could not find that. You know the story... Best laid plans of mice and men... I even managed to get 10 minutes from the house and remembered yet another thing that I forgot. Had to turn around and retrieve it. Finally getting started on my drive I was happy that it was a sunny and warm day. There was not a tremendous amount of traffic which enhanced my enjoyment of the drive. I was excited to get to the mountains. I wanted to see if there was any snow left on them. We have been having flash flood warnings in the area because of the snow melting on the Rockies. As I approached the base of the mountains I was amazed at the color of the mountains.


     They are greener than I have ever seen them. With all the water runoff it is a wondrous site. I stopped in Idaho Springs to get my favorite drink of quad grande white mocha. I don't buy them very often any more. I make my own at home now.








     Then I proceeded to drive up to Dillion, Co. I stopped and took a couple of pictures. The mountains, some with snow, some without with a lake Dillion in front of them and a lone sailboat sailing on a beautiful day. The air was crisp and with a slight breeze. It was so comforting just standing there watching the sailboat.


  Knowing that I had to get back on the road at some point I got back into the car to see what waited around the next corner.










      I got so side tracked looking at the mountains that I did not notice the time passing by so quickly. I even took a picture inside Eisenhower tunnel. I hope it turns out.

     I stopped in Vail because I wanted to take pictures and nearly drove right by the whole town. It is quiet small. It is a very unique town. It looks like a European town possibly in the Swiss Alps. It is a strange town also. They kind of went crazy with the roundabouts. There are so many at all the intersections that I actually got motion sickness, disoriented.. The drive through Vail Pass is beautiful also. The elevation is 10,665 feet. My ears were popping constantly.

The drive to Glenwood Springs through a pass in the mountains was breathtaking also. The Colorado River was to the point of over flowing. The roads we were driving on looked as though they had been gently placed there so as not to disturb the beauty of the pass. One of the roads looks like it is floating on the river. On my way home I will try to get a picture of that. I could not from the direction I was traveling. I arrived at Grand Junction and was looking for a gas station. This is where the trip was not so nice, I became ill. Oh well, a little excitement during the trip is ok I guess. I got a phone call from my granddaughter Rylee. She wanted to know where I was and when I would be in the next state. So I started taking pictures of the state signs as I went into each state to show her. My other grandson is checking the map at home with the help of his grandpa.


     I stopped off in Green River, Utah and topped off my gas. I did not want to get stranded in the middle of no where in the middle of the night. By now it is dark out and I am watching the moon which is just a sliver. It was facinating to watch it go behind clouds and the mountains and change colors. It was my constant companion until I decided to stop and sleep for a few hours. I made it to about 20 miles short of St. George. I pulled into a rest stop and slept for a few hours. I put up the sun shades on all the windows to help me sleep. It was a surprisingly quiet rest stop and there were many people there doing the same thing as I was.


     I finally arrived at the outskirts of Las Vegas. I am a strange one as I have no real desire to go into Vegas, even to get pictures. It is extremely windy today and warm. I think without the wind it would be very hot. I am sitting in the IHOP trying to charge up my computer and phone to get back on the road to get to my destination of Paso Robles, CA. ... until my next entry.. catch you on the flip flop.. ttfn 

No comments:

Post a Comment