About Me

My photo
Roxanne Storlie is a mixed media fiber artist, Roxanne has always been creative. Her skills come from having to be self sufficient as a military brat and wife. Talents cover everything from house painting, hanging wallpaper, sewing clothes, interiors, landscaping, electrical and more. Over the years, her seamstress skills have been put to great use. She has been making shawls, scarves, jewelry and clothing. She also sews pillows, bedding, curtains, general interior items the list goes on and on. In addition to retail, Roxanne offers classes in Sewing, hand painted fabric, duct tape dress forms, fitting, draping with new classes being created often.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Journey to my destination....

I have heard this in so many places about "it is not about the destination it is about the journey". My journey through this so called life has been a direction of one which mine looks like a winding path of someone who has gotten so lost in the corn field. All the twists and turns and changing dirctions. This sort of confusion can cause a person to end up sitting on the sidelines and watching life go by and not really participate in all the wonders this world has to offer. I decided I did not want to be 80 years old sitting on my porch saying things like, "I wish I had done this, or that", "I should have done this or that".... I want to be an old lady who could say, "been there, done that!" So, the next opportunity that arose I jumped at it. I mean literally jumped.


























 







In all things you must learn to trust some people, and be willing to take a risk. Be part of life! People come and go in your life. You should try to learn at least one new thing from each person you meet. They can be in your life for one brief meeting or much longer. We all have something to share.









I have talked a great deal about how short life is and we are here on this planet for a limited time. Why not meet as many new people every day that you can. Go as many places in the world that you can. Try as many new foods as you can, you see where I am going with this..

 “People say that what we’re all seeking is meaning for life…. I think that what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive.” Joseph Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment