About Me

My photo
Roxanne Storlie is a mixed media fiber artist, Roxanne has always been creative. Her skills come from having to be self sufficient as a military brat and wife. Talents cover everything from house painting, hanging wallpaper, sewing clothes, interiors, landscaping, electrical and more. Over the years, her seamstress skills have been put to great use. She has been making shawls, scarves, jewelry and clothing. She also sews pillows, bedding, curtains, general interior items the list goes on and on. In addition to retail, Roxanne offers classes in Sewing, hand painted fabric, duct tape dress forms, fitting, draping with new classes being created often.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sons of Norway Convention in Modesto, CA

I was in Modesto, California. I went to attend the Sons of Norway convention as a voting delegate. I am the current secretary to the Stein Fjell Lodge 6-114 in Loveland. We stayed in the Doubletree hotel and the convention was in the hotel. I had a roommate of which I had never met before. We got along famously. She is from Arizona. I met alot of really nice and fun loving Norwegians. There is a small amount of business to take care of which is to be expected, in between we had workshops to learn more about building the organization on a local level. Tons of coffee was served during the day and tons of Norwegian cookies. I of course, tried all of them.  One of our lunches was open faced sandwiches, a very traditional food in Norway. All the members who had traditional Norwegian bunad costumes were requested to wear them to dinner, After which they paraded around the room. It was great to see so many bunads. One woman explained each of the bunads and where they came from in Norway. It was very educational. I took so many pictures and put them on my facebook page. There was one guy who dressed up as a Viking and talked partially in Norwegain and English. He had us in stitches most of the time.




No comments:

Post a Comment